Monday, June 29, 2009

Fabric shopping at the Vermont Quilt Festival...

I have stimulated the economy by buying fabric on this trip (and some other stuff too but we won't go there right now). This is the fabric I managed to buy during my 2 hours at the Vermont Quilt Festival show. I was teaching and the show was off-site so I didn't get to the show very much. This first fabric I got at the Woodstock Quilt Supply booth. These are mostly (or all) from Westminster and are fabrics that I think I don't already own.

Isn't their fat quarter label wonderful!

I spent a lot of time and money at the Quilters' Express to Japan & The Beckoning Cat booth. The Japanese fabric was worth the money.

This fabric is one cut off the bolt. The pattern changes at the fold - positive and negative designs on each side of the fold. Very cool.

The background colors behind the swirly black print changes across the width of the fabric. There were more fabrics like each of these.


And, last but not least, Handloom Batik had a booth. They have beautiful fabric and scarves and batik stamps and more. That gray piece of fabric with the light berries on it - I'm going to find a special place for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cigar Stores

Eileen said...

I don't know why but I never thought of fabric designers using other peoples' fabric.You got some great pieces.
Woodstock is at a lot of the shows locally. Their stuff is wonderful!!