Saturday, March 7, 2009

The luxurious life of a traveling quilt teacher...

Traveling can be lots of fun - but packing is a job. I'm leaving for Pigeon Forge tomorrow and need to pack for 8 days and bring 7 quilts.

I travel with 2 not-so-huge bags and I keep them each under 40 lbs. to protect my arms.

In the first photo I have quilts in each suitcase. I've put them in XL ziplock bags so that, if my bag gets wet, the quilts will stay dry. As you can see there's not much room left for clothes!

Luckily, these suitcases expand so I did manage to pack my clothes!

6 comments:

mascanlon said...

Wow! As lovely as all your quilts are good thing you're a professional packer and got the clothes in too!

Anonymous said...

check my blog... we are driving!! See you in Pidgeon Forge!!!!

Carrie P. said...

Have a great time. I just came from Pat Sloan's blog and she is going to but you probably already knew that. Tell her hi.

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip! I love the quilt pattern and I think it will work! It is simple and effective! THANKS! LAURA E. (your sis-in-law)

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Steve and I are going to Pigeon Forge this weekend too. I hope we will be able to see you. Have fun. **Pam**

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing how you pack!