Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Sneak Peek

The snow is melting and the sun is out. It's hard to believe that yesterday morning we had 7" of snow on the ground. 
I spent yesterday putting a new quilt up on the design wall. I was out of stitching (oh my!) and so I really did need to stop everything else I was supposed to be doing to work on this. Orange is sounding really good to me these days, so this one is predominantly orange. I bought the end of a bolt of a blue-with-orange-dots fabric by Kaffe Fassett earlier this week not knowing exactly where I might use it. That dot looks really good with the other oranges! You can see a bit of this quilt in the photo.
Orange may not immediately come to mind when you are working with blue, but it should. Orange is opposite blue on the color wheel. In the same way that red and green go together, so do blue and orange. They are very zing-y! 
I love Saturday. My husband and I have cleaned the house (he does the stuff I don't like to do and I do the stuff he doesn't like to do which works out very well) and I have the rest of the day to work on loose ends. There are blocks to trim and set together. There is the manuscript for our next book to get back to. I know there's more... I'm going to have to look at that "to do" list. And our granddaughter, Elanor, is coming over later to spend the night! I think we're going to play with modeling clay. 
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Welcome to blogland! My name is Amanda. I am excited to see you here; I have always been a big fan.

Blue and Orange don't sound odd to me because they were my High School colors.

Have fun! I look forward to seeing more posts and visiting with you.