Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all are enjoying this holiday break as much as I am. Jeff and Celia are here in Texas with us until early Sunday morning. They've spent a lot of time figuring out how they want to decorate the church and the reception hall for the wedding next August. They are making prototypes that Steve and I (and friends) will be duplicating between now and then. It's going to be fun! The mother of the groom doesn't often get to be a part of this part of the wedding.

I don't know how many of you have old albums sitting around collecting dust but, for those of you who do, I want to show you this. Celia made me this folder from an old Captain and Tennille album.






She cut the top and bottom so that the cover opened up. The flaps are folded in and taped in place. Even though I was never a Captain and Tennille fan, I'm going to travel with this folder until it falls apart. It makes me grin!

4 comments:

Carrie P. said...

I don't have any old albums but I was at Borders book store the other day and they had some vinyl records for sale.

Becky said...

Everything old is new again!

Margaret said...

Hey! I remember that album..."Love Will Keep Us Together" was our song -- for me and my late DH. :-) I still like that piece!

Anonymous said...

That was the first album I ever bought! I think it was 7.99 and I was in grade 6, my Dad couldn't believe that I "wasted" that much money on a record lol but it was so worth it to me! (that would have been about 8 hours of babysitting money.