Sunday, February 22, 2009

Christmas all year round...

I taught in New Braunfels, TX, Friday and Saturday. The New Braunfles Area Quilt Guild is full of very nice ladies and we all had a good time. On the drive to and from class, I got to see some of the town and I want to share a bit of what I saw.

I sincerely hope that this building used to have balconeys in front of those doors. It's a long drop to the ground!



This building and the historic courthouse on the downtown square is made from the white rock that is famous in this part of Texas. I think it's limestone.






















Mary says that this Victorian house has amazing lights at Christmas. The owners keep it decorated for Christmas all year round.

The sleigh is an interesting touch - especially at this time of year. Spring has sprung in New Braunfels and hot summer will be here before you know it. I think those folks in the sleigh need to take their jackets off before they melt :-).

3 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Thanks for sharing. The first building is fascinating.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What beautiful pictures of buildings--I love the look of stone buildings and have always wanted to live in one??? I really think that one house should take inthe sleigh for the summer--those poor people will surely melt like frosty does!!! Just.,Di Ps had to change the name of my blogsite--it's now called quiltingisblissful.blogspot.com

Mary T. said...

Hi Becky!
Great photos! I bet the two story building without the balcony was used for unloading grain at one time. I think it was a mill of some sort.
Thanks for the wonderful workshop. I have a renewed interest in applique now that I know it does not have to be so stressful!
Hugs,
Mary