Monday, April 20, 2009

Cedar Post Arbor...

One of the shops in Fredericksburg has an arbor over its entry made from cedar logs. The reason this is interesting to me is because my husband is on the faculty at Austin College. AC owns land that the Biology department is doing their best to return to prairie.


There is an invasion of cedar trees on this land that they are busy cutting down. It's nice to find something to do with the excess cedar logs.




The construction of the arbor looks pretty simple, don't you think?

1 comment:

Nana's Quilts said...

My daughter used to live outside of Kerrville. I wasn't sure anyone ever visited there - just the locals. So happy to hear that they had the good sense to invite you to visit. I just finished a piece of yours so you were on my mind today.
Good wishes,
Marne