Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stimulus spending...

I did some shopping when I wasn't busy teaching last weekend. Der Kuchen Laden is a well-stocked kitchen shop in Fredericksburg, TX. I got all sorts of little doo-dads. The notched triangular tool for leaving lines in icing should be lots of fun to use on cakes.


Down the street Linens-N-More was about to close so I wasn't able to shop long. Probably a good thing. I got this wonderful silk screened "America" dish towel made by Catstudio. I don't know that I'm going to be able to let anyone get it wet - it may have to be a pillow. It could also be good in a quilt or garment.

In Kerrville, I found my way to Creations - one of the best quilt shops I've ever visited! This is the fabric I came home with. I also bought some wool for Linda, a linen jacket (for me), and upholstery fabric for my dining room chairs - oh happy day! It's probably good for my wallet that I'm home now.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow...those stacks of fabric look amazing!!! Just wondering if you typically buy yards or 1/2 yards when "stash building."

Unknown said...

i Love the hill country of Texas!!! we would go to Fredericksburg to get peaches when they were ripe!!!! yummmmmmmy

Becky said...

I mostly buy fat quarters. I buy 1/2 yards of things that I know I'll use a lot - like dots. But not all dots. I think there are two or 3 1/2-yard cuts in this stack.

I buy 1 yard cuts of things I think I'll use on a quilt back. Having only 1 yard pieces forces me to piece the backs which is a hassle but looks better.

Carrie P. said...

Fun shopping. I love the USA towel.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I LOVE that dishtowel....Just seeing the picture makes me think it would make a great center for a wall hanging or something.....I'd love to get my hands on one of those!!!!!
Your fabrics are great too...so many new fabrics, so little time!
Peggy in NJ