Monday, May 12, 2008

Getting ready for market...

I have been really busy this last week tying up loose ends before I leave for Quilt Market in Portland, OR, on Wednesday. Normally both Linda and I go to market but this year Linda is going to her niece's graduation. Luckily, Linda was able to help with a lot of the preparation for market - she'll just miss out on the visiting. She really enjoys that part of market so I'll have to visit for the both of us!

So, how do we prepare for market? This time we have a new collection of fabric coming out with P&B called Elanor's Picnic. It is way cute and includes our first ever cheater cloth prints. Linda has heard that some are now calling them "convenience prints" which does sound pretty good. Quilt shops can order the fabric at market, but it isn't going to ship until August. We all have to be patient until then. I'll be teaching a short Take & Teach class using the fabric at market.
We are also introducing Aunt Millie's Garden, our new block of the month published by C&T. Many of you may already have it but, if not, it's lovely! I'll be talking to the shop owners at market about good ways to offer blocks of the month in their shops. 
Linda made the red Aunt Millie quilt that is pictured on the pattern. (FYI - we don't usually work together on our quilts. We each make our own. That way we know who gets to keep which quilts!) I have added Aunt Millie to my teaching repertoire and since I won't have Linda's quilt with me on the road, I'm working on a 4-block version of it using some of our new fabric! 
We have been working with Superior Threads on bobbin sets of their Masterpiece, 100% cotton thread, in luscious colors. There are 3 sets of 12 bobbins and they are called Frostings! We'll get them on the site when we have them in hand. 
I have one more day to get ready... tomorrow will be a day spent on the computer. I'm mostly packed. I'm looking forward to seeing friends I only see once or twice a year!
And, last but not least, the kids were over for dinner earlier this week. I took a movie of my grandson, Jack. He's gets more interesting every day! It's not going to be long before he actually makes forward progress. I'll have to do a little more baby proofing!

1 comment:

Tink said...

How sweet! I wish I had had a video camera when my children were small. I can see where I'm really going to enjoy that when I have grands.
He's a doll! Thanks so much for sharing.