Wednesday, October 22, 2008


I recently did a block for the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer quilt. The quilt will be used to raise money for the fund. It is a good feeling to participate in a worth while event. I have attached a picture of the block.
I will be in Houston next week to serve on the IQA Board. I am excited to have been asked to serve. This is the organization that puts on the Quilt Show for Festival each Fall in Houston. Wow!! it is great to see the quilts. Somewhere around 54,000 people attend this event
While there I have some free time to shop Festival. Always a good opportunity to spend money. There will be somewhere around 1000 vendors there. This makes a good road trip with a group of quilter's. I love a road trip with friends. On Thursday I have volunteered to help Ami Sims raise money for the Alzheimers Art Quilt intiative. All the quilts are donated. I will be working on Thursday 2:30-3:30. Stop by and see me and the wonderful quilts for sale and take a quilt home with you.
Off tomorrow to do a lecture in Montrose Colorado. I will take pictures.
Blessings Linda

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your block!! We will miss you at Market!

Tine said...

The block is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your block. Will it show up in a pattern or book?

SewAmy said...

I love the soft colors. gorgeous.