Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More from Michigan...

Jackie drove me through Bay View Chautauqua in Petoskey, MI. the houses were so very cute! This one had the coolest hanging baskets on the porch...


...the owner put little pumpkins in each hanging basket! A great look for fall.


This floor detail is from the remodeled elementary school from my last post. I think the spirals are brass, the tiles appear to be slate. The spirals were not at every corner, just enough to be interesting.


Jackie took me to dinner at Siren Hall in Elk Rapids. Great food! Great look! The walls were painted white. Lots of different textures. There were a few mounted, taxidermied fish that looked like they had been painted professionally by an auto body shop. Each fish was a different color. Each fish was a single color. I've never really liked fish on a wall, but these were really good to look at. I think, because they were each a single color, it's focused your eye on the beauty of the fish's form.



This lovely, huge, perfect rose was blooming outside of Hearts to Holly, the quilt shop in Charlevoix. I think it would be a fine screensaver!




1 comment:

Thunder Bay Resort Quilter's Retreat said...

Becky,

I am glad you enjoyed your second trip back to Michigan this summer. I heard great things about your class. Sorry that you weren't able to come back and visit us here at Thunder Bay Resort. The bull elk are in the rut now and are bugling - it is so neat to hear and see them.