Monday, September 15, 2008

On the road in Michigan...

I taught at the Columbine Quilt Guild (near Denver) and at the Little Traverse Bay Quilt Guild in northern Michigan last week. It was a lovely trip. I didn't manage to take pictures in Colorado but I did get some fun shots in Michigan.

I stayed with Jackie C (hi Jackie!) and she managed to squeeze in a lot of sight seeing on the way to the various guild events.

Classes were held at an old elementary school that has been remodeled into an amazing public library in Charlevoix, MI. It was lovely and the classrrom (which I did not get a photo of) was amazing! Lots of space and light.



The sculptures outside the building were fun!

There was a very definite Frank Lloyd Wright/Mission/Craftsman feel to the place.


We drove past the Charlevoix water tower several times. Isn't it festive?! 


This part of Michigan is known for its cherries. I came home with 4 lbs. of dried cherries and they are pretty special. The "world's largest cherry pie" is right there in front of that great water tower.

I took more photos and will post more of them soon.


No comments: