Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Something old, something new...

Most of you have seen our newest block of the month, Aunt Millie's Garden. I know that many of you are working on your own versions of this lovely quilt.


Linda made the red Aunt Millie quilt that you are most familiar with. However, I'll be teaching classes based on Aunt Millie so I needed a smaller version of it to travel with. We have new fabric coming out in August so it made sense for me to make my version using some of that new fabric. I chose a white background which sets off the new fabric beautifully. I wanted to share this image with you to give you an idea of what the quilt looks like with something other than a red background.

The new fabric is from P&B. The collection is called Elanor's Picnic and we'll have it on our website just as soon as we can. We'll post close-ups of the fabric then so that you can see the details. We think you're going to love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm, now you've got me
I just began collecting bright reds, but I do love this on white

and your new fabric line looks fabulous

I'm a Piece O'Cake addict, just need to create my first project, but I have plenty of your books
maybe you'll see a pic soon

debbie said...

I love this quilt with the white background. I ordered the pattern, now to find the time. I'm working on Welcome to the North Pole right now. Not enough hours in the day!

Unknown said...

I am a fan of your work...we have 2 ladies here in OZ who also follow your designs: Material Obsession in Sydney...I love this quilt & yet to make one of your patterns but it is on my To Do List.
will be following your blog from now on.
cheers
maree
Australia