Friday, August 22, 2008

Design blogs...

There are some wonderful "design" blogs out there. I have posted links to my current favorites on this very blog. (Look over there on the right, under "Design Blogs.")

What can a quilter find on these non-quilty blogs? I find a lot! For instance on Design Sponge I enjoyed looking at the way the photos were cropped in the "in the kitchen with: fred flare {red devil’s food cake}" post. The photo at left came from this post. The photos are great and the cake recipe looks good too. You know we love cake!

I enjoy seeing what other people think is good design. I very much enjoy seeing the hand-made projects that are featured on design blogs. 

We quilters are constantly making decisions about what colors to use, what kinds of patterns make us happy. You never know when you might be inspired by what others have made. Blogs are a great way to keep us all current. Now I just need more time to read them all! 

No comments: