Saturday, August 16, 2008

Setting sail and our first day at sea....

As I wrote earlier, Steve and I have been on an Alaska cruise! I taught 2 classes on the Alaska Quilt Camp at Sea. There are lots of quilters onboard. So many, in fact, that I haven’t gotten to visit with everyone. But I think it’s safe to say that we are all having a good time.


We sailed out of Seattle on Sunday. Steve and I opted to spend a little more and stay in a cabin with a veranda. It’s worth the extra expense! We spotted our room as we were boarding – I’ve marked it with the red dot in the photo. And that’s what our room looks like (from the veranda, looking in). And that’s me on the veranda with Seattle in the background.



We got some good shots of Seattle from our veranda on the way out of port. There was a great deal of horn blowing on the way out of port.
 
Not long after we got underway, there was a mandatory lifeboat drill. I only heard of one lady who skipped it and she apparently had a stern talking-to later. For my part, I was happy to know what to do in case of emergency.

The first day, Monday, was spent at sea. Both of my classes were on Monday. The seas were a bit rough, but that didn’t seem to bother any of us appliquers too much. I have taken non-sleepy Dramamine on this trip and it has worked very well for me. I would recommend it over the patch (which I have taken in the past).


No comments: