Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ketchican, Alaska

We docked in Ketchican early Friday morning – 7:00 AM. Steve and I got off the boat and walked around town in the rain. We shopped a little and watched salmon valiantly swimming up a roaring stream. I’m so glad I’m not driven to swim upstream! 


We had to be back on the boat by 12:30 so we didn’t go off on any excursions. As it turned out, there were 2 people were either late and/or didn't check in when they came back to the ship. We didn't sail away on time. I heard later that they (probably) made it back on board before we sailed. Missing the boat would be an adventure that I don't really want to ever have.

All of us quilters got together for a photo on the bow of the ship yesterday. That’s me sitting in front in the green top. There are more of us quilters on board than I realized!

As I write this we are sailing south and the sun is shining. We are sitting up on top of the ship. Life is good!

No comments: